Faith Formation – Middle School (Gr. 6-8)
NEW! 2021 SUMMER ACADEMY
Christ the King Parish, a faith-sharing community, provides a Summer Academy, an immersive Religious Education/Faith Formation program for children in Grades 1 through 8. Please note that we do NOT offer a traditional school year (Sept.-May) weekly classroom program.
- Mark your calendars now! The Summer Academy runs July 5-9, 2020 at Msgr. Slade Catholic School from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM. Attendance all five days is required; early dismissals are not permitted.
- Participation meets the continuing formation requirement for middle school students not attending a Catholic school in order to begin to prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation in 9th grade.
- The Summer Academy offers a holistic and immersive one-week experience for children to dive deeper into our Catholic faith and share in our Catholic heritage. The Academy offers age-appropriate instruction in the teachings and practices of our Catholic faith through a variety of methods: liturgy, classroom instruction, prayer, music, art and other activities.
- The program strives to assist each child in committing him or herself to a relationship with Christ characterized by a lifelong pattern of sacramental life, prayer, Christian service, and growth in understanding of the Catholic faith.
- As such, the child’s faith experience and growth is not limited to just one week during the summer. Families are expected and encouraged to attend Mass regularly and to participate in the community life of Christ the King Parish throughout the year. Families are asked to participate in at least five “Passport Activities” now in order to register for the Summer Academy in January. To view current Passport Activities, CLICK HERE.
- Additionally, our middle school youth are invited to participate in our Middle School Youth Group throughout the year for opportunities to meet with their peers for community, deepening the experience of the liturgical year, and do service. For more information about the Middle School Youth Group, CLICK HERE.
The Summer Academy program is open to all registered parishioners of Christ the King Parish (restrictions do apply). Registration for Summer Academy begins in January and ends on February 28th. For more information on enrollment, fees, and Passport Activities, please visit http://ctkgb.org/faith-formation/elementary/.
Any questions about your middle school child’s participation in the Summer Academy can be emailed to Michele Dougherty, Coordinator for Youth Ministry at email@example.com.