I’M NEW HERE
Point toward the next steps on your journey
Send bulletin information to Nancy Drew at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bulletin information must be received by noon on Wednesday to be considered for publication the following week. Advance planning is key to getting your information in the bulletin on time
CTK parish community is looking for adults who are willing and able to carry out the “Great Commissioning”. We are looking for Elementary and Middle School Religious Education Catechists and office volunteers, who are interested in serving God by forming the youngest members of our parish community into disciples for Christ’s Church. Listed below are some benefits, as well as some qualifications, concerning potential catechists and office volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Joyce Pagan as soon as possible to set up a meeting.
Benefits of serving as a catechist
• Serving God:
• Meet Members of Our Parish Community
• Deepening Your Own Faith
• Tuition Exemption
Qualifications to be Catechist
• Be a practicing Catholic who is able to participate in the Sacraments of the Church.
• Be willing to fill out the volunteer paperwork and comply with the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s Child
Specific Areas Where Help is Needed
• Teachers: Works with the grade-level coordinator to teach the lesson provided in the text book. Must be 18 years or older.
• Co-Teachers: Assists teacher with classroom maintenance and lessons. Must be 18 years or older.
• Substitute Catechists: Fills in for Catechists when they are unable to attend a Sunday class. Lesson plan is provided by the absent Catechist.
• Office Staff: Works in Religious Education office helping teachers gather supplies (i.e., copies, craft items, etc.). Helps keep attendance and grade records. May also serve as a substitute teacher in emergencies, if desire
In this Sunday’s Gospel, Jesus affirms that to be a disciple we must also sit at his feet and listen to him. St. Vincent de Paul taught that it is only in prayer that we can give selfless loving service to those who are poor. This week, please say a special prayer each day for the poor and forgotten in our parish. Do you feel called to serve the poor? Email us at SVDP@mail.com or call the Parish Center and leave a message for us. We would love to share our ministry with you!
The Blessed Virgin Mary Sodality is sponsoring a bus trip to Sight and Sound to see The Miracle of Christmas on Thursday, November 21, 2019. The bus leaves from Monsignor Slade School parking lot at 10:00 AM and returns around 8:00 PM. The cost of $110 includes your motor coach ride, lunch at Good and Plenty and The Miracle of Christmas at Sight and Sound. A $60 deposit is required by May 15th. If you are interested, please call soon because the bus fills up fast. Please call Maryrose Mueller 410-562-4026.